Making Accessible Document : Introduction
Welcome to Digital Accessibility Online Course – Making Accessible Documents for Everyone.
In this course, we will together learn to make digital files like Document, Sheets and Presentations for all users including those with disabilities. To do so, we will specially use software like Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint as well as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
By the way, do you know what exactly we are talking about when we say, Accessible Documents for all users? Well, it just means that, the information that the documents we create can be used, perceived and understood by all users – including persons with disabilities. To use computers, persons with disabilities might use additional devices and these devices should also be able to decode and read our document.
Even though, it might sound – complicated. It is not. If all the documents are made adhering to few simple rules, then those documents automatically become accessible to all users. And, in this course, we will learn all about those rules.
After Completing this course, you will:
- Understand the principle of digital accessibility and its usefulness for everyone.
- Realize the different process that various users apply to use computer and the additional devices used by some of them.
- Know the core skills that are needed to make digital files accessible.
- Learn to apply the theoretical knowledge in software level (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheet and Google Slides to make your usable by everyone.
- Get a course completion certificate.
Mr. Sagar Prasai is an accessible digital technology enthusiast. He has been working in this sector, both nationally and internationally, for more than 7 years. Currently, he is working to make a lasting impact on inclusion and diversity via his company, Diverse Patterns.
This digital accessibility online course is designed with the financial support of Australian Government’s Australia Awards Alumni Disability Initiative Grant, 2019 and with the technical support of Diverse Pattern PVT. LTD.
- Instructor: Sagar Prasai
- Text Content Producer/Translation: Nir Kumar Shrestha
- Video Captions: Kirtan Shrestha Duwal, Pramila Shrestha, Laxmi Khanal
- Sign Language Interpretation: Prakash Maharjan