We are committed to ensure that our website is accessible to all users irrespective of device in use, technology or ability. It has been built, with an aim, to provide maximum accessibility and usability to its visitors. As a result, this Portal can be viewed from a variety of devices, such as computers, mobile, tablets and so on. We have put in our best efforts to ensure that all information on this Portal is accessible to people with disabilities. For example, a user with visual disability can access this Portal using assistive technologies, such as screen readers and magnifiers.
We also aim to be standards compliant and follow principles of usability and universal design, which should help all visitors of this Portal.
This Portal is designed using XHTML 1.0 Transitional and meets priority 2 (level AA) of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 laid down by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
If you have any problem or suggestion regarding the accessibility of this Portal, please Tell Us to enable us to respond in a helpful manner.
This Learning Inclusion online platform is designed in order to foster the knowledge and skills related to inclusion and accessibility issues targeting all the persons regardless of gender, castes, nationality, disability, profession and so on. The Learning Inclusion is fully conscious and committed regarding the inclusiveness and the accessibility features of the platform and the contents that we include here.
We work continuously to increase the accessibility and usability of our website aiming to adhere to the guidelines set out in WCAG 2.0. We strive to maintain good levels of accessibility on our websites through the following techniques:
- Keyboard navigation : We know many of our users can’t access through mouse and other pointing devices. So, we have designed our platform in such a way where our users can access everywhere through keyboard navigation.
- Alternative text : We have added alternative texts in all the graphical materials and tables included in our course contents. Thus our users can easily understand about the graphical materials and tables despite visual impairment.
- Forms : The shine up, log in, registration and all sorts of forms of this platform are accessible for all types of users. They can easily operate and access there in every section of forms.
- Color contrast : We have used proper color contrast in all the sections of this platform. Besides we have also followed the rules of color contrasts even in our video materials.
- Caption : The caption is given in all the video materials and images included in the platform.
- Use of sign language interpretation : We have also used the sign language interpretation in our video materials so that the deaf people will have easier to understand the contents covered in the videos.
- Links : The links mentioned here are clear and meaningful which make sense when read out of context.
- Validation : All HTML and CSS is validated for standards compliance against the relevant DTD using the W3C Markup and CSS Validation Services.
- Screen readers : This website has been designed in such a way in which any screen reader software can easily access and read out the provided information properly.
- Headings Styles : We have used different levels of headings in a proper way in our course contents so that our users can easily navigate the website easily.
- Multiple language : We have designed our website both in Nepali and English language. Therefore, no one will be deprived from taking this course just due to language barriers. Besides we have also used sign language in our video materials which also beautifies our platform.
As a result of our efforts, we believe that our courses can be taken by users of all abilities without any difficulties.
If you have any problems using our website, or wish to comment on the accessibility, please don’t hesitate to share and contact us. We will respond to you as soon as possible and will work on improving accessibility features.